Trigger automations in Lawmatics from DecisionVault
It's possible to trigger an automation flow in Lawmatics when the client submits their questionnaire in DecisionVault, through our direct integration.
How does it work?
There are 3 parts to making this work:
- We include the unique identifier of the Lawmatics matter in the standard link that you send the client to create an account and start on their questionnaire.
- Then, when the client submits their questionnaire DecisionVault sets a certain custom field in Lawmatics on that matter.
- This can be set as the trigger for automation flows in Lawmatics (e.g. to create tasks or stop emailing client reminders)
How to set it up?
1. Create a custom field in Lawmatics
Create a Matter level custom field in Lawmatics, make it a "True/False" type and give it a name (e.g. "DV Questionnaire Submitted")
2. Map this custom field in DecisionVault
Open your Lawmatics integration settings in DecisionVault (from the integration settings page) and map the new custom field.
3. Set up / change the standard link
In your Lawmatics email template change the standard link to include the matter's unique identifier.
The following needs to get added to the end of the standard link:
(You may have to save the email template as a "matter level" template first for this merge field to show up)
This results in links that look like this:
4. Set up the automation in Lawmatics
You want to create an automation that triggers when the matter gets updated - and to trigger it at the right time you'll want to set the following entry conditions:
- Stage is (some stage in your pipeline)
- DV Questionnaire Submitted is "True" (the custom field you created in step 1)
By including the stage you guard against the automation executing erroneously while in other stages
Now a client can click the link from their email, create an account and start on the questionnaire - and then when they submit the questionnaire the workflow in Lawmatics gets triggered.