Last Updated: February 18, 2021
Any reference to “DecisionVault,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or the “Company” is a reference to DecisionVault LLC, a Wyoming limited liability company and its affiliates, and subsidiaries.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Your use of the Site requires that you sign up and create an account, as described in more detail in the Terms. When you use the Site, we may collect your information including:
- Personal identifiers such as your name, address, phone number, email address, photo, biographical information, username, and password;
- Information regarding your assets, your estate plan, and that related to those who may be included in your estate plan;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Device and usage information such your history, user session information, IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses;
- Interaction with the Service; and,
- User submissions including your ratings, tips, updates, alerts, comments, feedback, or any other information that you voluntarily provide.
We collect this information from the following sources:
- Your devices used to access the Service;
- Other users;
- Governmental organizations; and
- Our affiliates and business partners.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY AUTHORIZED USERS
Authorized Users shall only use information that is knowingly and voluntarily provided by their Clients. Such information will be used by an Authorized User to customize and communicate with a Client about their estate plan and may be shared with other service providers or third party website integrations which help provide such services to Client.
3. THIRD PARTY SERVICE INTEGRATION AND PAYMENT PROCESSOR
Our Service allows you to integrate with other third-party services (“Third-Party Services”). In order to take advantage of this feature, you may need to authenticate, register for or log into Third-Party Services through the Service or on the websites of their respective providers. When you enable linking between or log in to Third-Party Services through the Service, we will collect relevant information necessary to enable the Service to access that Third-Party Service and your data and content contained within that Third-Party Service (“Login Credentials”). We store your Login Credentials long enough to enable linking to the Third-Party Service.
We may retain certain personally non-identifiable information related to the data or content linked between Third-Party Services (for example, date sent, link configuration, names of the Third-Party Services), for the purpose of improving our Service.
We fully outsource all payment processing to Stripe. Stripe is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) Compliant as a Level 1 Service Provider, and is listed on both Visa and MasterCard’s global registries. Anytime you submit payment information via our website, you are submitting through Stripe’s secure infrastructure. We don’t have access to your payment details except for the last 4 digits, the card type, and the expiration date.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information:
- For our everyday business purposes;
- To operate and maintain the Site and/or Service;
- To learn how to improve our Service;
- To provide you with information about relevant promotions;
- To perform legal functions, including to comply with our obligation to prevent fraud and other illegal activities, to resolve disputes, and to enforce agreements; and
- To create aggregate and de-identified data records by excluding or changing information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
- We maintain reasonable administrative and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. We will retain your personal information for as long as you use our Site and/or Service and for a reasonable time thereafter.
5.2 How to Control Cookies
If you wish to prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our Service or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. If you block cookies on your browser, certain features on our Service may not work. For more information on how you can customize your browser’s cookie setting please visit the link to your web browser below:
You may opt-out of interest-based advertising in general by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, and PrivacyChoice. We are not responsible for the completeness, effectiveness, or accuracy of any third party opt-out options or programs.
6. DATA SHARING
DecisionVault does not share User Data (as defined in the Terms of Service) with third parties unless directed to do so by the Subscriber or Authorized User. Decisionvault provides the ability to integrate the Service with third party products and services that Subscriber may use at Subscriber’s option and risk.
We may share your personal information we collect with a variety of parties, depending upon the purpose for and context in which you provided that information, such as:
- With Your Consent: We will share your personal information when you direct us to do so, like when you submit your information prior to engagement with your Attorney.
- Service Providers: In connection with our general business operations, Service improvements, and in connection with other legitimate business interests, we may share your personal information with service providers who provide certain services on our behalf.
- Business Transfers: Your personal information may be shared in the event that we go through a business transfer, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation, bankruptcy, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. For example, your personal information may be part of the assets transferred, or may be disclosed (subject to confidentiality restrictions) during the due diligence process for a potential transaction.
- Legal Disclosures: We may access, use, preserve, and/or disclose your personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce or investigate a potential violation of the Terms, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to fraud, security or technical concerns, (d) support auditing and compliance functions, or (e) protect the rights, property, or safety of DecisionVault, its users, or the public against harm.
7. HOW TO CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION
When you submit personal information, you can access and update such information by logging into your account or by contacting customer service. To delete personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. We may maintain a copy of the original version of your information in our records. If you would like us to delete your user-provided data that you have provided via the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some or all of the user-provided data may be required for our Service to function properly. If you choose to delete such data, your account may be deleted and all data in your account will be permanently deleted from our systems.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a resident of the State of California, you have the right to request the following at any time: (a) information from us regarding the personal information we have about you, the manner in which certain personal information is collected through the Service, and how it is shared with third parties, (b) deletion of your personal information from our records, and (c) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of us sharing of such information with such third parties.
Please submit any such request (“California Privacy Rights Request”) to any one of the following:
DecisionVault LLC Att: California Privacy Rights Request 30 N Gould St Ste 22949 Sheridan, WY 82801
By email: email@example.com with subject line “Your California Privacy Rights”
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the e-mail or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and e-mail address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or e-mail.
- If you send a California Privacy Rights Request by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery, and tracking. We will not accept a California Privacy Rights Request via telephone or fax; and we are not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
(b) Children: The Site and/or Service are not directed towards children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under 18 years of age through the Site or Service.
(c) User Submitted Personal Information: You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of the personal information you submit to the Site, and for keeping it current and correct.
(e) Limitation on Liability: YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT THEREOF IS AT YOUR RISK. YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL DECISIONVAULT OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT HAS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR YOUR REFERENCING, USING, ACCESSING, INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS OR LINKING TO OR FROM THE SERVICES OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DECISIONVAULT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE DECISIONVAULT FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHICH MAY ARISE FROM, SUCH THIRD PARTIES’ UNAUTHORIZED COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. There are some jurisdictions that do not allow for the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for consequential or incidental damages. Based on this conclusion, DecisionVault’s liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
You agree that your referencing, using, or accessing the Service constitutes your acceptance of binding arbitration as set forth in the Terms.